Winter Parking Restrictions
Winter parking restrictions take place between November 1 and April 1 of each year in Lino Lakes. Parking vehicles on any public street within the City is prohibited between the hours of 2 am to 6 am in the above time frame. In addition, parking is not allowed on any public street when 2 inches or more of snow has fallen until the street has been plowed. Vehicles in violation of the Winter Parking Restrictions may be towed at the owner's expense and the vehicle owner could be charged a petty misdemeanor (See Lino Lakes City Code Chapter 802 Section 6).
Snow Plowing Resident Reminders:
- Effective snow removal involves citizen collaboration. Please follow the reminders below to help stay safe this winter.
- Keep garbage cans and recycling containers in the driveway and off roadways and sidewalks.
- Keep kids' toys, sleds, and basketball hoops away from the street.
- Keep snow forts and snow sculptures in the yard and not close to the street where a plow could topple them over.
- Keep a minimum distance of 100 feet when encountering snowplows and sand trucks.
- Do not drive into a snow cloud or pass vehicles while they're plowing.
- Keep snow off the road when shoveling, pushing, or blowing snow. Putting snow in the street can cause snow and ice build-up on the road making conditions hazardous.
- Keep fire hydrants clear and accessible during the winter. If you have a fire hydrant located near your house, please work with your neighbors to keep a cleared path from the street to the fire hydrants and a cleared 6-foot area around the fire hydrant. By doing this, firefighters will be able to easily locate and access the fire hydrant in case of an emergency.
- Mark the edge of your property with colored or reflective stakes to help snowplow operators when plowing.
- Follow the Winter Parking Restrictions listed above.
- Report issues, such as slippery intersections, potholes, snow plow damage, etc., by calling the Public Service Department at 651-982-2440.