Does my business need a City license or permit?

The City of Lino Lakes does not require a license for most types of businesses.  However, certain businesses, including those selling alcohol, tobacco, fireworks, or secondhand goods, must have a City license.  Solicitors, kennels, and gambling such as raffles or bingo also require a license.  Please contact city staff for application information.

Also, different types of businesses are allowed in different zoning districts. You can check the Zoning Map to find out the zoning of a particular property and the Land Use Regulations to find out which uses are allowed. Contact the City Planner if you have any questions related to land use or zoning. 

Even if your business does not need a City license, most types of building renovations will require at least one building permit. You can contact Building and Inspections for more information.

Show All Answers

1. Can Economic Development assist my business in finding a commercial site or building?
2. Can I operate a business from my home in Lino Lakes?
3. Does Economic Development orchestrate or publicize ribbon cuttings for new businesses?
4. Does Lino Lakes have access to any major freeways?
5. Does my business need a City license or permit?
6. How big is Lino Lakes?
7. How do I locate a site for my business in Lino Lakes?
8. Is Lino Lakes in close proximity to any major airports?
9. What is a TIF?
10. What is the function of the Economic Development in Lino Lakes?
11. What kind of companies call Lino Lakes home?
12. Where can I receive assistance with financing, writing a business plan, or finding employees?
13. Where exactly is Lino Lakes?