The Lino Lakes Public Safety Department is sponsoring an Explorer Program and would like to invite young adults between the ages of 14 and 20 in the area to join. The Lino Lakes Public Safety Department Explorer program is a youth development program chartered through "Learning for Life" which is a branch of the Boy Scouts of America. The purpose of the Explorers is to provide young adults with an opportunity to "explore" a career in law enforcement and receive training in that career, while at the same time, building a unique relationship between themselves, the adult volunteer leaders, the public safety department, and their community. Exploring also helps provide positive experiences to help young people mature and prepare them to become responsible and caring adults. Find out more about this exciting program for youth by reading our informational flyer provided below.
- Young men and women ages 14 through 20.
- No arrest or conviction records for any felonies or any repeated misdemeanors.
- Must be enrolled in high school, unless they have a diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have or had a "C" grade point average in high school.
- Must have good morale, dedication, and the willingness to serve their community.
If you're interested in serving as an Explorer, please call us at 651-982-2300.